WTFCS Community | Gaming community @ since 2011

Full Version: Crosshair Customization and Weapon Positioning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moving over from CSS or 1.6 to play CSGO? Don't like how little of options you have on changing how your crosshair looks or how the weapons are positioned on your screen? Well, you came to the right place to fix all of that. This guide contains a ton of commands to customize your crosshair, weapon view model, and weapon movement. All with detailed information and examples. You'll have CSGO set up exactly how you want it within minutes!

:) First things first....
  • Make sure to set your crosshair to classic in the game settings before you do any of crosshair commands.
  • For weapon positioning, have the View model position in the game settings set to 'desktop' and do not change it again.
  • The examples I use throughout the guide may or may not be 100 percent accurate, depending on what other values you have changed in various sections on the guide.
  • Make sure the Developer's Console is enabled in the game settings menu. Otherwise, you won't be able to do anything listed in this guide.

:) Crosshair Customization:..

This part of the guide is the biggest as far as I'm concerned, as it has many different ways to make your crosshair look as badass, simple, or crazy as you want it.

The next 8 sections after this one are sub sections to Crosshair Customization.

:) Crosshair Style:

There are seven different crosshair styles you can use in CSGO. Some of them you might have already used before, and others you may not have even heard of.

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 0

[Image: 03F3FDD7BD4BAEB0A32D4AFAC382D85BB0B1A919]
This right here is your default CSGO crosshair. It's big, bulky, and moves all over the place when you move or shoot or jump. This crosshair is NOT customizable except color wise and I do not recommend you use it unless you are new to the game.

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 1

[Image: 8D6130B8E8EE438903EDF647BA9DE37721BB1611]

This is essentially the default crosshair for CSGO in 'static' mode, meaning it will not move at all unless you change it to the dynamic version posted above. If you have played a lot with the dynamic version of this crosshair, it would probably be best to switch to this when you've learned the weapon mechanics/recoil/movement/etc...

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 2

[Image: 03D6EE6D2C4EB8175E518EB0EBC0682816297CBA]
This one is a bit odd. You have your normal crosshairs that do not move or expand and in addition to that you have 4 little dots on the side of your crosshair that move out when you shoot, jump, or move. Recommended for players who want a classic crosshair, but also like the default dynamic one.

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 3

[Image: BBE9266C866842C4D48B4473D74B894D5053F7DB]
This is the classic crosshair that alot of players are used to. It has every dynamic feature attached to it, meaning it will move accordingly to your movement, jumping, crouching, and shooting your weapon. Being a CSS player quite a bit before CSGO released, this was my favorite crosshair style for the longest time. I Recommend this crosshair to all beginners who have played a bit of CS in the past, but not enough to know the ins and outs.

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 4

[Image: C1D55FC7983CFCB6DF4DB44A62EC8BC45A1F9CB3]
This crosshair is exactly the same as the one above, except it doesn't have any dynamic properties. It will stay the same shape/size at all times. Recommended for use by experienced players.

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 5

Again, this looks the same as the style 3 and 4. However, the dynamic proerties are somewhat in between the two. This crosshair won't account for your movement, including when you jump or crouch, but it will account for the recoil/spread of your weapons. It's suppose to mimic the original CS1.6 crosshair, so I would recommend it for 1.6 veterans.

Quote:cl_crosshairstyle 6

Same story as 3, 4, and 5. Except the only dynamic properties are when you switch between weapons, and very little feedback when you shoot weapons. Recommended for Experienced players and 1.6 veterans alike.

:) Crosshair Thickness:

This determines how thick each piece of your crosshair is. The default crosshair has a thickness of 0.5, while the default for CSS I believe is around 1.5. To change the thickness, Open up the console and type:

Quote:cl_crosshairthickness

Before you hit enter, press space and put the value you want to set it at. For example, I have mine set at 1.2, so that would be:

Quote:cl_crosshairthickness 1.2

:) Crosshair Color:

The default color is yellow which is pretty ideal. However, most of you probably want a different color so lets get started.

There are 3 different ways to change this:

1. First, type this command into the console:

Quote:cl_crosshaircolor 5

After that, use these three console commands to set the crosshair color exactly the way you want.

Quote:cl_crosshaircolor_b
cl_crosshaircolor_g
cl_crosshaircolor_r

The letters on the end represent what color they change, r being red, b being blue, and g being green. To Reduce a color, set the value for that specific color at something like 10. For example, if I wanted to reduce the amount of Red in my crosshair to something extremely low, I would type cl_crosshaircolor_r 10 in the console. If I wanted it at something high but not too high, I would type cl_crosshaircolor_r 240 in the console.

2. Use these commands to set the crosshair to one of the preset colors, the color of the command represents what color it is. After Crosshair Color number 4 the list repeats itself from lime green.

[Image: 723C283477263270BC60BF44A174D07E3F54159F]

3. Goto Options > Game Settings > Crosshair Color and change it to whichever color you want. The options you have here are Green, Yellow, Blue, and Light blue.

:) Crosshair Size:

This determines how long each of the pieces of your crosshair is. The console command to change this is:
Quote:cl_crosshairsize

The default value is 5, which is pretty good, however some like it all the way up to around 10 or even 15. To change this, simply put the value you want it at at the end of the console command, the higher the value, the bigger the crosshair. For example, I have mine set at 6, so I would type cl_crosshairsize 6 in the console.

:) Crosshair Tranparency

This determines how transparent your crosshair will be, by default there is very little transparency. To change this, type this command in the console:
Quote:cl_crosshairalpha

The default value is 200. If you want the crosshair more opaque than transparent, use a high value such as 235. To make it more transparent than opaque, use a lower value such as 85. If you want the crosshair to be completely transparent (invisible), use 0, if you want it completely opaque, use 255.

:) Crosshair Dot:

Pretty simple really, toggle if you want a dot in the middle of your crosshair or not, here is the console command:

Quote:cl_crosshairdot

Set the value to 1 if you want it on, if not set it at 0 which is the default value.

:) Crosshair Gap:

This command will allow you to set how far apart the crosshairs are from the middle of the screen.

Quote:cl_crosshairgap

The default value is 0. The higher the value you set will make the crosshairs move further away and the lower you set it will make them move closer together. You can use both negative and positive values for this command.

[Image: F7CED29E360B8A0C4ACDDDE7B0DFC29D235B6E65][Image: 908507C9FD57A59096F014D8BB72E848DCF42389]

:) Crosshair Outline:

So you probably have your crosshair set up to your liking at this point. Now the problem is that in a few places on the map it isn't very visible or you can't see it at all.

With the crosshair outline command, you can say goodbye to invisibility and welcome visibility (so-to-speak). The command is:
Quote:cl_crosshair_drawoutline

Changing the value from 0 to 1 will put a black outline around your crosshair, which will improve visibility in pretty much every scenario.

[Image: F3CEA2F316A05428FD42EEDC55D739E653B9001D][Image: CB72935CA728B47BF7E3BC54F3513DD0F2D51B7C]

:) Weapon Positioning:..

If you're gonna play this game, you need the classic Counter-Strike weapon positioning, or maybe you just wanna screw around, who knows? You definitely came to right place for it though.

The next 5 sections after this one are sub sections to Weapon Positioning.

:) Weapon FOV:

This command resets to default every time you restart CSGO. To fix this, you can either put this command in your autoexec.cfg if you have one, or you can type viewmodel_presetpos 4 into the console.

Quote:viewmodel_fov

The default value is 60, minimum value is 54, and Max value is 68.
[Image: 8F1325C275F8254E377AF801F804F0AB98F1A21D]

:) Weapon Positioning Y:

Much like the command above, this changes the Weapon FOV, or how far/close the weapon is from your screen.
Quote:viewmodel_offset_y

The default value is 1, the minimum value is -2, and the maximum value is 2. If you want a higher FOV, use a higher value. If you want a lower FOV, use a smaller value.
[Image: EBD0EB9FE69B9BC00640D78229487CB7D27815B7]

If you want to be even more precise, you can use decimals as values. So, if 1 is too close and 2 is too far, you can use 1.5 and it will be just right. If not, just keep playing around until you get what you like.

:) Weapon Positioning X:

This command will move your weapon to the left or to the right based on what values you set.
Quote:viewmodel_offset_x

The default value is 1, the minimum value is -2, and the maximum value is 2.5. If you want to set your weapon farther to the right, use a higher value. If you want to set it farther to the left, use a lower value.
[Image: 9DD3116394F4A20FD6C33E0E0BACF31C8BC87A24]

You can also use decimal values to get more precise results, like I mentioned in the last section.

:) Weapon Positioning Z:

This command changes how high up or how low your player holds weapons.
Quote:viewmodel_offset_z

The default value is -1.00000 and yet again the minimum value is -2 and the maximum value is 2, and just like with Positioning Y and X, you can use decimal values.
[Image: 2A05BA39047516B0E2276774FC11B1FC589A4211]

:) Left/Right Hand Positioning.:

There's quite a few players who are left handed in this game, one thing that definitely improves gameplay would be being able to have your player left handed aswell, so let me just throw the command down here:
Quote:cl_righthand 1

1 is the default value, change it to 0 and you have yourself a left handed player.
[Image: AC96C456D07DB8D0100BBF26AC7C8A6869A705B7]
[Image: 87560DE2CFFC400BA4ACC39B9346B15A33E9A580]

:) Weapon Movement:..

This section will be all about how to customize how your weapons move, such as how much they bob up and down when you move, and how far your view model goes back.

Any section with the word "Bob" in it is a sub section to Weapon Movement.

:) Bob Lower:

Quote:cl_bob_lower_amt

This command here will change how far your weapon and your player's hands move back when you walk. The max value, which is also the default value, is 21, and the minimum value is 5. Let's see how these stack up against each other.

[Image: 4D2E05EC9112A6F461B943836EE21BC951239806][Image: 3B4B4DA9FB3EA9B3635490CE365284C7183B2A56]

:) Bob Vertical and Horizontal:

Quote:cl_bobamt_lat
Quote:cl_bobamt_vert

Have any idea what these do based on the section title? Well, simply put, they are the commands that control how much your hands/arms move left and right or up and down when you are walking or strafing. The default value for _lat is 0.40, the minimum value is 0.10, and the maximum value is 2. For the _vert command, the minimum and maximum values are the same, but the default value is 0.25. Now, let's have some fun with the minimums and the max, shall we?

[Image: AF401D44D1CB7CABCAAC1A53F5718ABA1AE22021][Image: A1AA733C74F167D0E1189E0C1495EDCED718AAD9]
Thread vechi.
》Clossed.